Now that we have learned about the Origins and Layout of The Celtic Cross Spread, the next step in Mastering it is to learn how to actually read it.
Below I have created a collection of 8 Diagrams to demonstrate the many ways in which the Cards in the Celtic Cross Spread can be linked, compared, cross-referenced and connected during interpretation, so that the overall story can be extracted and gathered, rather than attempting Card-by-Card analysis. I have not placed the Diagrams in any particular order, but needless to say there are certain ones you should address from the outset. the central ones, Card 1 and 2.
First Things First
- Cleanse and Protect, your Space, your Energy-Field and Cards. For further information on Psychic Protection Click Here and Here for the different methods.
- Agree on your Question or Intention for The Spread.
- Decide which version of The Celtic Cross Spread you wish to work with.
- Decide if you wish to use a Significator or not. Significators are not compulsory. Significators are usually drawn before Shuffling commences. For information on Significators click here Court Cards and The Celtic Cross Spread information page.
- Decide if you wish to include a Base Card in your Reading. The Base Card gives some background information which may prove useful or relevant throughout the Reading. It is an additional Card, and not one of the Ten drawn for the Spread.
- Ensure your Tarot Deck is Clear of energies from any previous Reading, and that all Cards are Upright before Shuffling.
- Decide if you you are using Reverse Cards in your Reading. If yes, Reverse some Cards while Shuffling, but not too many. For information on Reverse Cards Click Here.
- Use whichever Shuffling Method you are comfortable with, but ensure Cards are Shuffled well.
- If using a Base Card wait until the Shuffling is over and then take the first Card from the bottom of the Deck and place aside where it will be close to the Spread.
- Once Shuffling is over, draw 10 Cards and place them in the Position which corresponds with the order in which they were drawn. First Card drawn is placed in Position 1 etc.
- Turn the Cards over so that their pictures can be seen.
Before you begin your Interpretation, give the full Spread a scan over and check for the following:……………..Continue Reading