All Major Arcana Pages. Due to the ongoing confusion over copyright expiration of Rider-Waite – US Games Inc, I have decided to change over to the Colman-Smith Deck for the time being. I have been using a version of Rider-Waite I believe to be the ones Paul Caskey was authorised to use and share, but at this stage it is impossible to find confirmation of this except for conflicting opinions.
The Colman-Smith Tarot
Smith Tarot Cards were created from hand drawn pencil images of Rider-Waite Cards by Samvado Gunnar Kossatz. These images were then scanned into computer readable format. This deck was released for free use under LGPL (library general public license) which puts them in the public domain. I also received email confirmation from Mr. Kossatz which permits me to use his images on my web which I am extremely grateful for. I will be colouring my own version of these cards once I can set time aside.
The Colman Smith Tarot cards & texts
©1998 Samvado Gunnar Kossatz
Above material freely available under the LGPL
Click on LGPL link for detailed information
License to use Tarot Images
I have used copies of the Classic Rider-Waite Tarot card images made available on the internet back in the 90’s. They were updated in 2001 by Paul Caskey. In 1993 US Games Inc. gave permission to Paul Caskey to distribute the Rider-Waite Tarot Cards across the Internet.
“These images may be used freely except that you are not allowed to charge money for them, neither are you allowed to remove the copyright notice which appears in the lower-right corner of each image.”
Here is an extract from his website:
Many thanks to U.S.Game’s, Inc. for providing the permission to scan and distribute these scans freely. Use them as you wish, but you are not allowed to charge money for them. YOU MAY ALSO NOT REMOVE THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE THAT APPEARS IN THE LOWER-RIGHT CORNER OF EACH IMAGE.
I am happy to share my work and wish you to utilise it for maximum benefit and indeed professional gain. I have no intention of taking a hard line approach where the use of my work is concerned but do expect certain guidelines to be followed. The list below outlines the copyright rules which will apply to the written content on this site and any graphics or images I am personally responsible for. I am however, open to all reasonable requests.
- Teach Me Tarot is the Sole Property of Vivien Ní Dhuinn.
- All content is the intellectual property of Vivien Ní Dhuinn, teachmetarot.com
- Where I have used or referred to other people’s work, I have supplied Author/Artist’s names, information and links to their original source or links to where their work can be purchased. I have not claimed it as my own.
- Vivien Ní Dhuinn retains the sole Copyright to Teach Me Tarot/Truly Teach Me Tarot. All Rights are Reserved.
- The Google Translate Facility has been provided to facilitate Non-English speaking viewers. No direct permission from the Author is required to translate Teach Me Tarot and its content into your native language.
- The Teach Me Tarot Course is intended for the Personal Use of Individual Students and those with an interest in Tarot.
- No part of this website may be reproduced or utilised in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information retrieval system without the direct permission from the Author and owner Vivien Ní Dhuinn of teachmetarot.com
- The Teach Me Tarot Course is not to be printed for circulation to groups or classes without express permission from the Author and Owner, Vivien Ní Dhuinn. Only Authorised Teach Me Tarot Tutors have the permission to do so. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- The Author of Teach Me Tarot, Vivien Ní Dhuinn, has the sole right to teach this course, with the exception of those who have The Authentic Certification and Seal of Approval issued by the Author, Vivien Ní Dhuinn. Terms and Conditions also apply.
- The Teach Me Tarot Course is not to be altered or renamed in any manner by students or a third party for personal gain.
- The Sharing of Teach Me Tarot Course is encouraged through normal Social Media networks. Therefore sharing of Pages or Posts through Facebook, Google+, Linkedin etc does not require direct permission of the Author as a link back to my site will be included when shared. This is standard procedure.
- In cases where my content is shared by viewers for non-profit purposes other than through the normal Social Media networking route please acknowledge the source to Vivien Ní Dhuinn, teachmetarot.com and provide a hyperlink back to this site.
- Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any individual requests not listed above. I am happy to oblige wherever possible.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding of the above conditions,