- Why do you wish to learn the Tarot?
- How committed are you to learning the Tarot?
- Have you tried to learn the Tarot before? Were you successful?
- How did the Tarot as we know it today come about?
- What is divination and what was it originally used for?
- Give an example of another form of divination
- Is it necessary that a deck of Tarot should be passed on to you and not personally purchased?
- What does RWS stand for?
- Who was Pamela-Colman-Smith?
- What role did she play in popularising Tarot Reading?
- Who was Arthur Edward Waite?
- Where did Waite and Smith meet?
- What did Waite and Smith collaborate on?
- How do you feel about the Tarot? Do you fear them ?
- How did you acquire your deck of Tarot?
- Why do you think that Tarot Cards were traditionally passed down?
- Do you intend to collect several decks of Tarot?
- Do you need to be psychic to read the Tarot Cards?
- Do you think you are psychic?
- Which psychic gift do you believe is or will be your strongest?
- Which is one of the most feared cards in the Tarot for the querant?
- Why does the informed reader not see it as scary?
- Explain the esoteric concept behind this feared card? What is it metaphorically representing?
- Why is the message of this card so difficult for us to accept at times?
- Which other card in the Tarot is potentially more worrying and why?
- Where are you most likely to find Tarot Readers today?
- What is the difference between a Fortune Teller and a Tarot Reader?
- Would you prefer to be called a Tarot Reader or a Fortune Teller? Which do you hope to be?
- Can the Tarot give exact predictions for the future?
- Why is predicting the future so complex?
- Is the Outcome in a reading set in stone or can it be changed?
- How can the Tarot help a querant in a reading if the Outcome is unwanted or unhappy?
- Is it best to tell a querant exactly what they want to hear or should you tell them exactly what you see even if it is very negative?
- What would your idea of a constructive reading be?
- Do you think that Tarot Readers should just do a reading and not ask questions of the querant?
- Would you be happy to read for a querant who sits with arms folded and tight lipped?
- What are the benefits of a a reading where there is a two way flow of conversation?
- Do you think that asking questions of the querant during a reading is digging for information that you cannot see in the cards? Does it make the reader a charlatan?
Things To Do:
- Get prepared – Make sure you have your deck of RWS Tarot and a good big Journal for keeping your own notes.
- Decide how much time you are going to give to your studies on a weekly basis.
- Do you have a friend who is interested in learning the Tarot? If so you could arrange to be study buddies and do practice readings for each other.
- Do a bit of research on Arthur Edward Waite and Pamela Colman-Smith. There are hundreds of resources available online.
- Do a bit of research on Cartomancy (the art of reading cards) or the history of Tarot.
- Check out the variety of Tarot Decks in your local Metaphysical Store. You will be working with The Rider Waite Smith Deck but see what other decks and imagery you are drawn to.
- Keep you eye out for advertisement signs for Fortune Tellers and Tarot Readings. Do you notice any difference between them?
- Make a list of the most significant mini-deaths you have gone through in your life.
- Make a list (as honest as you can) in relation to the mini-deaths that would most benefit you at the moment but that you are managing to avoid. For each one give a reason why you will not let the mini-death occur.
Copyright © 2006-2012 Vivien Ní Dhuinn
Thank you so much for your insights, instruction, guidance and sharing your love for the art and gift of Tarot to everyone.
It has given me great inspiration, direction and tools to continue learning, and growing on my journey with the Tarot cards.
You are a generous, and caring spirit, and I hope you receive many blessings in return.
Best wishes and thank you again!
Thank you Isis for your lovely comments. I am very frustrated at present due to being a full time college student and having to give a lot of time to assignments and exams. It means for the next few months I will have little time to post on my site. I am currently re-working the Knight of Pentacles whenever I have a free moment. I will be releasing this Knight’s Card Description and Personality Profile in the next few days. The re-worked meanings both upright and reversed will follow as time allows me. However, my college course is in digital technology and this will help with the further development of my site and help me incorporate all my big plans! Therefore I must just get on with things and not complain.
I am thrilled you are getting so much out of it and Isis there is a lot more to come. I have big plans.
i have been learning all I can about Tarot in the past two years, coming to it a bit later in life and recently single after a 30 year marriage. Your insight, knowledge and generous resources are much appreciated and I come to your site often to learn more. thank you Terry
Thank you so much Terry for taking the time to send such lovely positive and supportive feedback. It makes a huge difference to my day which can be quite grinding when you stand at a computer for hours on end. Blessings x