Sample Tarot Reader’s Code of Ethics
Here is a copy of my own Tarot Consultant’s Code of Ethics which regularly gets reviewed and amended as I encounter new experiences where it is necessary to draw up ground rules and boundaries.
My Tarot Consultant’s Code of Ethics
I am a Tarot Consultant/ Reader but this does not suggest that I am a Psychic or Medium. Neither does it suggest that I am Telepathic.
- All Readings are completely Private and Confidential. I will not share them with a Third-Party.
- To avoid disappointment or an unnecessary Journey, A Pre-Arranged Appointment is essential. I cannot accommodate Clients who call unexpectedly, either in person or over the phone looking for an On-The-Spot Tarot Consultancy
- A Tarot Consultancy Reading is a Two-Way Process. I will ask Questions during a Reading and expect the Involvement of The Querant in their Reading. This helps The Cards to Yield more Information, thus enabling the Reading to Open Up and Expand.
- Tarot Reading does not Predict the Future but is based on the Probable Outcome of Events which is influenced by the current behaviour and attitude of the Querant and those around them.
In Tarot no Card is viewed as totally Negative as Each has something to teach us. All Cards represent part of the Human Experience of Life. The Death Card does not carry a meaning of Physical Death but one of Liberation from a Negative Situation or the end of a Particular Cycle in our Life. It suggests Change, Transformation and Transition. The Release of the Old to make room for the New. It is not a Card to be Feared.
Tarot Cards are not Dangerous, Evil or Bad Luck, but are simply an expression of our Subconscious wherein lies the answers or solutions to all our Life Issues. A Tarot Reading is similar to Dream Interpretation where our Subconscious relays information to us through the Imagery On The Cards.
The Tarot Cards carry Images that reflect aspects of Life we are all familiar with. As a Tarot Consultant I have Trained and Studied their Imagery and Associated Meanings, and am therefore in a position to Interpret the Cards that you have selected.
- A Tarot Reading is not Absolute or Carved in Stone. As a Tarot Reader, I will offer my Opinion and Advice, but will not interfere with the Free will of the Querant. Any Decisions made or Actions taken by the Querant as a result of a Tarot Reading are the Sole Responsibility of The Querant.
- I do not give Specific Financial, Legal, Medical or any other Advice that I am not Professionally Qualified to do so.
- My Readings are Constructive and not Destructive. I give Readings to Empower the Querant.
- I will be Honest in what I see and will not give False Hopes or Empty Promises in order to keep the Querant happy.
- I will be Compassionate and Sensitive to your feelings and will not Judge or Condemn.
I do not give Readings to Persons under the age of 18 without the consent of their Parent or Guardian.
I will never refuse a Client a Tarot Consultancy on the Grounds of Race, Colour, Religious Belief, Disability or Sexual Orientation.
I do not predict the Lotto Numbers.
- I Do Not Invoke or Remove Spells or Curses.
( Tarot Reading is for Entertainment Purposes Only)
Tarot Reading is subject to interpretation and should not be taken as Absolute. A Tarot Reading is never 100% accurate. All Tarot Readings given by me are for entertainment purposes only, and no guarantee can be given as to the accuracy of a Reading. A Tarot Reading does not replace Professional Medical/Legal/Business Opinion and Advice. It will not Force you to follow a particular Course of Action, or attempt to exert any form of Control over your Free-Will and Common Sense. The contents of a Tarot Reading are not legally binding. Any Decisions made, or Actions taken by you as a result of your Tarot Reading are your sole Responsibility and have not been Forced Upon You, by me, your Tarot Reader. I assume no legal liability for any damages, losses, or other consequences of any client decisions, subsequent to, or based on, my Tarot readings. Please use your own Common Sense and Judgment at all times. It is only with the Complete Understanding and Acceptance of the above that your Reading will take place.
I do not offer Tarot Readings to anyone under 18 years of age. By accepting this reading you confirm you are 18 years of age or over.
Signed ……………………………………………………………………. Date ………………………………………
Back to Lesson 10